Saturday, July 18, 2015

Fluency Blog Reflection

I didn't understand what fluency meant at the beginning of this semester. I have learned through my own writing what it means to have fluency and how to strengthen this skill. Being able to express your thoughts in writing in an understandable way for your readers is writing fluency. I think of it as language fluency, in a way. I’ve been in Mexico for the past few days and my Spanish is “muy terrible”. The natives here can’t understand me very well at all, and sometimes it takes a few times to get my point across to them and vise versa. Writing fluency is just like this. It takes practice and time to be able to communicate fluently in your speaking and writing. Throughout this project, I’ve learned how to write in a more fluent way.

Writing daily has encouraged me to express my feelings more and in a more clear way. It’s also helped me to write more in one sitting. I enjoy writing after this assignment and I feel like I have so much to say. Some of my writing has been about random things, but I liked writing about things I know a lot about. Freewriting daily is enjoyable because I don’t have to put a whole lot of thought into it. I just write. I write what I’m thinking and keep going without worrying about if it makes sense or if it sounds right or if I repeated myself or anything. I have seen that my freewrites have gotten much better and I didn’t lag as much towards the end. I have a better understanding of what freewriting is and my fluency has increased.

Another part I really liked about this project was our blogs. Being able to read others’ writings and comment on them has helped me too! I’ve been able to learn from their posts. I mostly liked being able to express myself and seeing how different we all are. This online course can be a little confusing sometimes because we aren’t in a class to be able to ask questions and stuff, but I feel like we’ve all done a pretty good job of interpreting what we’re supposed to do. Some of us completed this project a little differently, and I liked seeing that. I feel like it helped me learn and it’s showed me what I and other’s are capable of.

Overall this assignment was very enjoyable and I’ve learned a lot about my writing style, my fluency, and myself. I can’t say I’ll continue to write daily, but I do see myself continuing to free write often and continuing to better my skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment