Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Psychology: How does yoga effect ones mind and mental well being from daily practice?


I like this question because my major is psychology and I love doing yoga. I’ve attended many yoga classes and I’ve always wanted to know what different types of yoga help which part of the brain and stuff like that. I’ve heard that yoga is a good stress reliever but I feel like I’ve also heard that it can be good for memory, focus, and other neurological skills. Positive psychology is an area that I definitely take interest in and I want to know more about. To me, yoga is more than exercise and on pinterest and twitter and stuff I’ve read about the good things it can do for your body and your mind. I wonder if the atmosphere has an effect? Because yoga in a yoga studio with incense and eye pillows and calming music and small, trickling fountains and a room full of other yogis is a much different experience than being in a quite spot in a park or in your living room. What is the “right way” to practice yoga to get the most benefits for your psychological health?

No comments:

Post a Comment