Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Science: As yoga becomes more popular, what recent research has been done on it?

This question is something that I really am interested in. I’m a pre-med psychology major and I want to become a child psychiatrist. I don’t really know exactly what I want to do with my degree but I know I want to find alternative ways for people to deal with psychiatric problems. My family has dealt with psychological issues and I’ve seen firsthand how it effects peoples lives and it’s a big deal to me. But I also see how miserable it can be to treat the problems with pills, especially for children. It can be hard to take a pill at the right time every time, it can be quite difficult to find the pill that works for the patient and could take several months or years to figure out the right medication, which doesn’t help the problem at present, and I believe there’s alternative ways. I don’t know what they are because I haven’t done much research on it, but I’m excited to do so now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment