Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pre-Mexico

I have never been out of the country. Today, I’m going to Mexico. I’m going to Cabo with two of my best friends from high school. Becca’s parents always go to Mexico and this year we get to go with their family. Rachel and I are going with Becca and I’m so excited. I’ve traveled with them before and we always have such a good time, but now we’re going to an all-inclusive resort and I’m pumped! I’m sitting at her house right now and we’re all doing some homework before we have to leave. We’ve been looking forward to this trip for so long! I can’t wait to just get down there and hit the beach.

I packed so much stuff. I hope my bag weighs less than 50 pounds. I’m sure it will because I always use a huge pink suitcase that definitely weighed around 70 pounds every time I used it, but since we’re flying I used a much smaller one. I packed as lightly as I could, knowing that I’ll be in my swimsuit almost the entire time. I made sure to bring plenty of tanning lotion and clean socks. I love clean socks especially after being at the beach all day then coming home and showering and putting on clean socks. Ahhhh.

While we’re there, I don’t really know what we’re going to be doing each day. I know we’ll be at the pool and the beach the majority of the time, but other than that we have an open schedule and can do whatever we want! I think we wanted to go scuba diving and ziplining. I especially want to go scuba diving. I’ve never done that before and I’m sure it would be super exciting! I’ve heard the water in Cabo is very clear. I can’t wait to just see how different everything is down there compared to here in Missouri.


Our flight is leaving at 6am I think. I’m wearing leggings and long-sleeved shirt because I get so cold on planes. I’m also bringing my lion. I take him everywhere I go. He’s kind of like a pillow pet without the Velcro and he was made in the 90’s. I know I’m 19 and probably shouldn’t have a stuffed animal with me, but I don’t care. He fits in my carry on bag, but he’s big enough to sleep on at night as a pillow. I just love him so much! He’s excited to see Mexico too, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Chelsea,
    Congratulations on going out of the country for the first time. I was just recently in Mexico myself, although further up the coast of Baja.
    It sounds like you're having fun, whether at the beach, scuba diving, or ziplining. Just please don't spend all your time at the pool! Haha. I know the temptation for doing that, but there are tons of pools back here in Springfield. I've been on trips like this before, and been saddened afterward at how much time I spent doing things like watching TV or swimming at a resort/hotel pool.
    But I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever it is you do. Just don't drink the water, at least if it's anything like where I was in MX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexico, is beautiful country. I went there actually for school when I was a Junior in high school. They have so many cool shops and stores. I hope you have a wonderful and safe vacation.

    ReplyDelete