Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Yoga

Yoga is the best thing ever. I can't wait till it's yoga time. I always light a few candles to set the mood. And you can't forget to start with "finding your breath" as they say. You use your "oooja" breathing (I don't know how to spell that) throughout the whole session. There’s so much to learn about it. I used to take classes and learned a lot through that but they can be expensive so I’ve bought books and watched tons of videos to try and teach myself. It’s not the same as going to an actual studio, but it works. I set goals for myself and deadlines to reach them by. Right now my goal is to do a headstand. I can do one, but I can’t get into the position the correct way, according to the rules of yoga or whatever they’re called. I know the basics about yoga, but there’s so much more to learn. Every pose and every move has a technique and there are right and wrong ways to practice yoga. In order to get the full benefits, you have to do it correctly. It can be very challenging but if you have a good instructor they’ll be able to correct you and show you what you’re doing wrong. Yoga makes you strong and it makes you feel powerful. I feel so much more aware and in control of my body after doing a session. If it’s nice outside, I’ll do it in the backyard. But since it’s been so rainy, I’ve been doing yoga in the living room with some candles and I watch youtube videos on the big screen tv that kick my butt! I started to do intermediate yoga rather than beginners and it definitely makes a difference! I love yoga so much and I have so much to learn and I’m excited to do so!

1 comment:

  1. I've never did Yoga, I bet it is relaxing. I've always heard great things about it. But Lord knows, I'd probably get down and never be able to get back up. I'd be like a turtle on its back. I would like to maybe try it though sometime, as long as I had a person to get me up off the floor. lol

    ReplyDelete